Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Take Lina to San Diego

It's pretty easy to forget sometimes how awesome the beach towns of San Diego county are. Only 45 minutes away are the long stretches of white sand beaches of Carlsbad, Encinitas, and Del Mar where you can get some pretty fun waves without the aggressive strain of young punk rich kids clogging up every peak. Even though the waves aren't as good as my normal spot Uppers (not many waves are), I was able to find a nice stretch of beach that offered some fun shoulder high beach break with a light spread out crowd of old dudes. On top of that, I was able to get Lina away from our house and into some fresh ocean air.
We stayed at a cheap little hotel in Leucadia, named the Ocean Inn. It was OK, but really nothing special. They did have whirlpool tub that Lina enjoyed as she's been wanting to soak in a bath forever. While she soaked the bathwater, I soaked the Ocean water at a spot called Grandview. I actually scurried down the beach for a few hundred yards to a break called Avocado. The scenery was great, old cliffside houses perched on the bluff, all with private staircases down to the sand. Some had katamarans tied down on the cliff, but they were covered in ivy so I guess they were more for decoration. Anyway, waves were fun and the trip was relaxing and it reminds me how awesome San Diego is and how nice it would be to live there.
Check out the pic of Lina, 3 months pregnant and not really showing much yet. By the end of May, I'm expecting at least a cantelope sized stomach!

1 comment: