Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Thursday, December 15, 2011

My WIFE!!!


November 1, 2004 was Lina's first day at Oakley. I remember when I first saw her I was frozen, speechless (you can tell why by just seeing a picture). After a week I finally got the guts to say hello and I called her Loni. Eventually she forgave me and came out for drinks with me, my sister and some friends. It's amazing how easy it is to be a complete jack ass and avoid common sense all together, I said to her "you still live with your parents, you are so sheltered." She eventually forgave me but then I said "I can't get serious with anyone, I am moving to Tonga to surf my life away." Really, I was an obnoxious dip shit back then. But Lina always saw the potential in me and I always saw her for what she was: smart, sweet, honest, trustworthy, hard working, feircly loyal, graceful, and shockingly beautiful; basically the polar opposite of myself. After 5 or 6 months of mishaps, mostly of me saying stupid things, getting drunk and throwing up on myself, or taking her for granted, I finally shaped up when she told me we shouldn't date anymore. I changed my plans of surfing my life away and starting planning to stay in OC with Lina. I still had to go on my self absorbed 6 week soul searching mission surfing the south pacific, but it was there that I realized I had the best thing in my life at home and knew I wanted to commit to her.
Now, seven years later we have a beautiful 1 year old girl and a baby boy on the way. Think of all the endearing qualities you find in your friends and wrap them into one person. That is Lina. She is the best mom and best wife anyone could ask for. She handles my insane addictions to surfing and mountain biking with a sweet understanding that would make Jesus ask "why are you so nice to him." I remember the day bunker blast wrote that article about me and I came home to Lina wearing an Oakley hat and cheering for me being the best employee ever. Really, I am not that nor half as hard working as she is and just got lucky for doing something my boss asked me to do.
Really though, it is easy to explain. I am really lucky and trying my best to not be a jackass anymore. She is still with me so I must be doing something right...

1 comment: