Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Nicest May Morning I can remember

While May 13, 2013 was an unbareable 102 degrees in the middle of the day, at 5:30 AM it was clear, cool, and crisp.  Awesome sunrise, light offshores, and flawless 2 ft surf.  1.4@14 was the main swell source, since it was so small on Sunday with the same buoy reading, I decided the SUP would guarantee wave count.  While Uppers might have been more fun, Doheny was a great call
.27 low tide right at 6 helped form 1-2 ft. 60 yard rights just in front of the main lifeguard tower and south jetty.  I was out at 5:30 AM, solo, with an effortless glassy paddle to the spot from the boneyard.  Wave after frickin' wave, perfect 2 ft, long, fast, and glassy.  I was in heaven, after every wave thinking how am I the only person out here enjoying this. 
10,000 surfers in south orange county (maybe more) and I'm the only one scoring this right now. 
By 6:30, an older chick in a bikini (air 65, water 68) paddled out way north of me and was catching a wave every 30 seconds.  Nice.  By 7:00 when I left no one made their way to the south jetty and I left that perfect wave all by itself.  I'm sure there were 30 guys on it by 9 AM, but only one at day break.  All time best SUP sesh, now I need to convert Matt and Richard to share these days with.  Coco and Billy were stoked too.

No comments:

Post a Comment