Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Sunday, April 21, 2013

I lost my Go Pro?!

This week started off like crap, south winds and windswell chopped up the waves through Wednesday, and I finally made my way out to Uppers on Thursday.  Man was it crowded, the usual Uppers characters + a bunch of randoms, and the waves were broken up with short rides.  I caught a few fun ones, and the morning was awesome so it was still pretty worth it.
 Friday saw longer rides with mostly smaller waves, but it was still pretty solid and fun.  Pretty much the usuals out there, including Matt this time, and some random ripper kid.  Makes sense since the NSSA contest was this weekend. Got out early to fix my chain, which seems to fall off every ride down.  In its defense, it is so rusty I'm surprised it moves at all.


Saturday woke up to another beautiful morning for a paddle surf at Doheny.  Tide was high so the boneyard was the spot, just me and this cool old guy for a while.  I put the Go Pro on the tail which sucked, the pics look like crap and as I was trying to switch from pic to vid, the cam flew of the clip and into the water.  It was only 4 ft deep but it was 6 AM and dark and high tide with plenty of waves.  No way I was going to find it then. 
So I stayed out another hour and some more people came out but it was still manageable.  Except this 12 year old kid who was trying to SUP surf but couldn't and ended up being in the take off zone over and over again. 
Came back at 10 with the fam to search for the cam.  I remembered the spot I lost it but was having a terrible time seeing anything, it was murky and the waves were still breaking.  Then I started searching a touch more inside and there it was, face down in some rocks in about 8 inches of water.  Still worked, no scratches, halleluiah. 
Sunday got my ride on, having trouble finding people to go with so I end up going solo.  Going mid-day kind of sucks cuz its hot and you end up running into locals you don't want to see, but luckily I only saw one.
 Got an hour 15 ride up Pine Crest with its epic views, 3/4 down OE and back up OE, then down TNA where I got a neat shot in the trees at the bottom. 
All and all, a decent week of surfing and riding.


No comments:

Post a Comment