Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Saturday, April 6, 2013

To surf or to ride?

The classic argument for me every weekend.  Do I go surfing (or paddling) or mountain biking?  I only can do one per day, as I need to max out my time with the fam before the workweek starts where i'm gone for 10 hours a day.  MTB provides consistency, better exercise, and a bigger thrill (or chance of impairing yourself).  It also provides more solitude for you and your friends, as even busy trails are nothing like a crowded day in the water. 
But, while I love MTB, it isn't surfing and I have been leaning towards getting wet lately.  Today felt like it would be a packed day at the beach and the Doheny cam had easily 50 guys on it, so I opted for ride. 
Couldn't find anyone to go with, so I went solo.  I usually don't like Solo because all the climbing can be boring, but I have plenty to think about and can get a lot more riding in at my own (efficient) pace.  Today's ride was marie calenders, an epic hour+ long adventure across all of laguna wilderness park. 
Lot of undulations make for hard work and some short rocky decents make for plenty of fun.  An adjustable seat post is a must, luckily I have a new reverb.  Good day out, I always feel better after a hard ride.  I'm hungry, exhausted, and feel like I accomplished something.

No comments:

Post a Comment