Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Friday, January 18, 2013

SUP Church

This is from Wednesday.  It was cold but easily 15 degrees warmer than the day before.  Probably 48 outside, I borrowed Bobby's San O pass and parked near old mans.  Paddled the 12'1 laird to Church, which took about 10 minutes.  The swell was .8@13 from the NW, so I wasn't expecting much.  But the tide was perfect and I knew there would be something.  And that's all i need on the SUP.  Got there, waves were knee high, but I got a couple thigh highers that were really fun.  The Laird is so fast, if there is a shoulder I am going 90 mph down it.  Solo sesh, no one around except the sound of the 5 freeway behind me.  Thank god for booties, gloves, and hoods.  It was really cold until the sun came up, then it was just cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment