Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

3 to 30. Again

I'm tired.  Met Richard up top at 6 and the crowd was light, maybe 10 cars.  We both packed up our beards and made the decision to hit Uppers.  We were foolish thinking the crowd would be light.  The conditions were beautiful again, lined up rights, about chest high with great lighting and warm water.  Richard and I paddled out first but were alone for about 20 seconds.  By 6:30 there were at least 25 guys out and by 7:30 probably close to 45.  I can't get over the crowd volume compared to last year at this time, where the waves were the same quality but the crowd was half the size.  Or even less.  Anyway, I sat in the bay and wide swinging waves made their way through, and they were really good.  I got my fair share and was surfing really well on some waves and pearling on others.  Richard went the opposite direction towards Cottons and I saw him catch a few in a row, but like a herd of sheep the crowd migrated towards what they were seeing.  All good though, we still had fun and it was a great morning to be outside.





No comments:

Post a Comment