Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Drop your shoulder

While Matt went to Lowers, Richard and I decided to hit Uppers today.  I really wanted to surf the beard instead of my fun board so I could practice getting my left shoulder out of the way on cutbacks.  Richard  brought me a new SG5 4/3 in exchange SGXero that didnt't fit. I love it, no sense in getting those super technical suits, its not that cold here.  Anyway, both Richard and I were grumpy because the crowd was thick and time went by a lot slower than yesterday.  But we both caught a few really fun waves and were practicing our shoulder drops, what a difference.  I felt like I was ripping, and turning back that hard sets you up perfectly for the next turn.  My last wave I hacked with 2 deep cutbacks and an off the top, felt really good.  Got out really happy, here is a pic of Richard shredding a left...




No comments:

Post a Comment