Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Coco's First Paddleboard ride

Back when Coco was just a couple months old I picked up a used paddleboard in anticipation of this day.  My friend from work, Sara (played volleyball with Keri Walsh at Stanford) told me her husband started paddleboarding with their son when he was 18 months.  Coco is 23 months so I am way behind schedule!  This morning was perfect, 73 degrees and a little humid and the water in Dana Point harbor was sheet glass.  Coco cried for about 5 seconds, but I layed down or kneeled right behind her so she calmed down really fast.  She loved the boats and dipping her hands an feet in the water, and tried to take off her puddle jumper several times.  She isn't the best swimmer yet, so its a must have for a while.  Then she let me stand up and paddle with the oar, it was awesome.  Can't wait for next time! 
https://vimeo.com/49531173

 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Getting her started early.

    Glad to see you posting more lately.

    ReplyDelete