Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Monday, December 10, 2012

Doheny, new SUP secret spot?

This is from yesterday. 
Who knew that Doheny was capable of providing so much fun.  Kids went to nap again at around 11:15 AM so I split for a quick paddle surf.  Buoys were 1.2@13 so I expected nothing more than 6 inch waves.  Got there, no one was out.  Tide was super low, and a family just arrived with there soft tops.  I made my way to the south jetty to surf the 9 inch waves that I was seeing, which were still awesome on the 12'1 Laird.  Within 20 minutes, these sets started coming through, consistently.  2-3 foot waves were making there way in and only 3 of us were on it.  I must have caught 25 waves, I figured out how to turn really fast and late drop into these perfect little rights.  I only fell in twice and feel confident that i have figured this thing out.  Brought the go pro but set it up too high, oh well.  Man I am loving these mid day surfs in my short sleeve full suit in December.  As a kid I had to drive 45-60 minutes just to surf freezing cold crappy waves in Pacifica, now I can SUP surf the perfect spot that is 10 minutes from home while my kids are napping.  Life is soo good.


No comments:

Post a Comment