Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Doheny SUP day

After yesterday's 31 mile epic ride up to Santiago peak and down Joplin, i was wiped out.  I couldn't imagine peddling one stroke so surfing Trestles was out of the question.  The kids went down for a nap at 11:40 and there was just enough swell for Doheny to be 1-2 ft, plus low tide and the jetty blocking the NW wind, today was ideal.  There were about 4 people out when I got there and I immediately caught a long, lined up 2 footer.  I swear the 12'1 can surf a 1 inch wave.  After 30 minutes, there was only me and a couple 13 year old kids.  I figured it out a little better; the first time I tried this I fell on every single wave.  Today, I only fell about 4 times and caught over 20 waves.  Clearish hazy skies and still relatively warm water, I was able to wear the short sleeve full.  I'm really loving this.




No comments:

Post a Comment