Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine

Friday, December 28, 2012

Late day SUP surf

Doheny is awesome in the off season.  I still haven't been in the summer and would prefer not to, I've seen pictures  and it looks like a busy day at disneyland.  More or less my worst nightmare.  Some of today's NW swell was still hitting and wrapping around the harbor, showing some 1-2 ft faces on the -.7 low tide.  The tide was so low I had to run the board down the beach, which is a huge pain in the ass.  Totally worth it, was in the water by about 4:15 and the NW wind was laying down and the waves were glassy.  I caught 2 of the best waves I've ever had on the 12'1 SUP, and I got that tank going about 90 mph down a steep 2 ft screamer.  I know 2 ft sounds wimpy but on a 12 foot long, 30 inch wide board it feels like a good size wave.  I fell a bunch today but mostly because the waves had a close out section on the end that pushed the board out from under my feet.  Anyway, this should be a good habit.  4:00 sesh with very few people out, so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment